SpaceX Launch | Falcoln 9 | Astronaut Food
SpaceX Launch | Falcon 9
The SpaceX launch of the Falcon 9 rocket has everyone at Nutty Novelties going absolutely nutty. SpaceSpaceX’s innovative exploration of the technological frontier is helping mankind hone in on a thorough exploration of the final frontier. The innovative Falcon 9 is a partially-reusable rocket. Its reusability eliminates a great deal of expense that have traditionally accompanied space exploration and travel. According to SpaceX, this rocket will serve as the final in a long series of tests that will “return human spaceflight to the United States.” With this test, SpaceX hopes to receive certification from NASA for “operational crew missions to and from the International Space Station.”
One thing that’s for sure is astronauts have to eat. They like making sandwiches, but normal bread would create crumbs that float around the rocket and ISS in the zero-gravity environment. To avoid that problem, they like to use tortillas. Favorites for their tortilla are peanut butter and applesauce, both of which are foods that can undergo transportation to space.
In honor of this launch, the team at Nutty Novelties used those flavors to inspire our SpaceX-Inspired Apple Almond Butter Wraps. Eat like an astronaut after he or she safely returns to Earth! We cook down sliced apples with a splash of maple syrup until they’re warm, gooey, and delicious. Then we spread some delicious, all natural Nutty Novelties Almond Butter on a tortilla, top it with the apples, and roll! After a quick trip to the sun’s core (or an oven, for most people) the inside is warm and melty, the outside is crispy, and the whole thing is delicious. This recipe yields two servings. We hope you like it!
2 apples (sliced & peeled)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pinch (or little shake) of cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 whole wheat tortilla shells
Directions for SpaceX-Inspired Apple Almond Butter Wraps
- First, peel the apples and slice them into thin wedges.
- Then melt the butter in a pan and add the brown sugar.
- Once the sugar partially dissolves, add in the apples and mix it all thoroughly.
- When everything is evenly coated, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne. Continue mixing to evenly incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Allow the apples to cook on medium-low for about 5-10 minutes, and then add maple syrup.
- Turn up the heat and reduce the maple syrup by about 1/3. While that happens, spread the Nutty Novelties Cinnamon Almond Butter onto the tortilla shells. Then place the apples in the tortillas.
- Wrap them in tin foil and place in oven for 5-6 minutes at 350°.
- Drizzle the remaining cinnamon mixture in the pan on the wraps.
Hadfield, Chris. “How To Make A Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich In Space | Video.” Uploaded by VideoFromSpace, 19 February 2013, www.youtube.com/watch?v=-knoQh0kB20
SpaceX. SpaceX, n.d. Web. 28 May 2020. www.spacex.com/