No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
You ever buy a tub of cookie dough from the store and eat it with a spoon? Don't worry— we won't tell anybody. If you're one of those strong-willed people that hasn't, think back to the last time you made cookies at home. Did you lick some batter off of the spoon you were using? (If you didn't, you were doing something wrong). Everybody loves cookie dough because its sweetness and creaminess is absolutely addictive. In fact, people love cookie dough so much that there are even businesses that sell it like an ice cream shop! (Check out Baked if you're near West Chester, PA)! Now why is cookie dough so delicious? In our opinion, it has something to do with straight sugar and butter. In true Nutty Novelties fashion, we wanted to eat cookie dough with some redeemable qualities. That's how we came up with these No Bake Cookie Dough Bars! Nutty Novelties Cashew Butter is rich, salty, and creamy. A little oat or almond flour gives a chewy texture, maple syrup gives an earthy sweetness, and chocolate…need I say more? Give this stuff a try when you're looking to sneak something sweet but not too bad for you!
Ingredients for No Bake Cookie Dough Bars:
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 cup Nutty Novelties Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Oat flour (or Almond flour)
- 3/4 cup Mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutty Novelties Cashew Butter
Directions for No Bake Cookie Dough Bars:
Cookie Dough Layer
- In a bowl, mix the cashew butter, maple syrup, and flour. Add the chocolate chips and salt.
- Press the cookie dough mixture down into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a saute pan on very low heat, melt the chocolate chips and cashew butter. Be sure that the chocolate does not burn. If the pan is getting too hot on a low burner, switch the pan between being on the heat and off the heat. The last thing you want is burnt chocolate!
- Pour the now-melted mixture on top of the cookie dough layer and spread it evenly.
- Place the warm bars in the freezer for 1-2 hours so that everything sets.
- Cut the pan into bars and keep them refrigerated. And, of course, devour them. :)
Check out this page for how you can get your hands on some delicious, all natural nut butters like the ones you found in this recipe, or this page for more of our nutty recipes! No matter how hard we try, we can't help but keep it nutty!