Homemade Granola Bars
Have you ever been been munching on snacks that you think are healthy, only to find out later that what you're eating is actually unhealthy? Store-bought granola bars are a prime example of a quick snack that people think is good for them but really isn't. Certain brands are better than others, but most brands have tons of added cane sugar and preservatives. And most of the bars that are full of that junk is lacking in vitamins and nutrients, too. The best way to make sure you control what goes into your body is to make it yourself, but we know it has to be fast and easy. Introducing Nutty Novelties Homemade Granola Bars! Nutty Novelties Dark Chocolate Almond Butter, with only four grams of sugar per serving, is the star of the show. We mix that good-good with coconut, oats, and fruit to provide a delicious, nutritious, energy boosting snack on the go! It's never been so easy to get delicious chocolate flavor with tons of vitamins, healthy fats, and protein! Enjoy it!
- 1/3 cup Nutty Novelties Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Craisins
Directions for Homemade Granola Bars:
- Place dates into a blender and pulse until they are finely minced and sticky.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together (almonds, oats, coconut, raisins, craisins).
- Add the blended dates to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey and dark chocolate almond butter on low. It doesn't need to bubble/reduce/cook. It just needs to warm up and get less viscous.
- Add the warmed dark chocolate almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- Place the mixture into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press it into one flat, even layer. Let the pan sit in the fridge for a minimum of 1.5 hours to set.
- Cut the sheet of cooled granola into bars and gleefully devour them! :)