Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Make your own Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie at home! No matter the weather, these healthy and addictive treats are a perfect happy ending to a delicious meal or a nutritious snack! If you have a hankering for something sweet, healthy, and cool, this is the recipe for you. Nutty Novelties Classic Peanut Butter makes for a robust, salty contrast to the sweetness of fresh banana. (If you have bananas that got a little too ripe, this is a great way to use them. Yeah, you could make banana bread, but mix it up this time)! If you’re feeling that extra kiss of sweetness, use Nutty Novelties Honey Roasted Peanut Butter to tantalize those taste buds. Great for all ages, these peanut butter banana smoothies are super easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Dairy-free options are included in the recipe, too.
- 2/3 cup Nutty Novelties Classic Peanut Butter (Substitute Nutty Novelties Honey Roasted Peanut Butter for a bit of sweetness)
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups milk (substitute almond milk for dairy free)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (substitute non-dairy yogurt for dairy free; I like So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Vanilla Yogurt Alternative)
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
- Add Ice for desired texture (aprox. 1 cup for thick, 2 cups for normal)
- First, slice or break up the bananas a little bit to make the job easier for your blender. Add the bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, milk, and honey (if desired) to your blender.
- Pulse the mixture a couple of times so that everything will be more evenly incorporated upon adding the ice.
- Add the ice and blend until it’s nice and creamy. It’s best to add a little bit of ice at a time. If you add too much at once, the smoothie could get watered-down.
- Stick a straw in it and enjoy! Easy peezy peanut butter banana smoothie!
Check out this page for how you can get your hands on some delicious, all natural nut butters like the ones you found in this recipe, or this page for more of our nutty recipes! No matter how hard we try, we can't help but keep it nutty!