Asian Slaw | Nutty Novelties Style
Asian Slaw done up Nutty Novelties style is the side you've been missing with your Asian feasts! We were tired of that boring, same-ol’-same-ol’ American style cole slaw. Sugar, mayo, and sour cream are great, but why not do something more flavorful and nutritious? Nutty Novelties Asian Slaw is lighter, healthier, and packs a bigger punch of flavor. Most slaws are boring toppings, but this stuff is sure to be the star of the show. Grill chicken and serve this on the side. Cook pork in your slow cooker and put in a tortilla with our slaw for Asian Pork Tacos. Even crisp up some tofu and top it with this stuff to crank the flavor knob up to eleven. Whatever you serve it with, we hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for Asian Slaw
- 1/2 of a green cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4-5 green onions, whites only, sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of Nutty Novelties Habanero Honey Peanut Butter (substitute Nutty Novelties Classic or Honey Roasted Peanut Butter for no spice)
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- Sriracha (optional, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, thinly slice and grate all of the vegetables, adding them all to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, in a separate bowl, add rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Then, add the olive oil, sesame oil, honey, peanut butter, garlic, and lime zest. If you'd like more spice, add the sriracha, too. Mix again, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- This Asian slaw tastes its best when it’s been able to marinade for a minimum of three hours. Go ahead and serve it immediately if you’re in a pinch, though! This dish pairs wonderfully with our Thai-style Chicken Satay. Keep your eyes open for a new recipe coming soon! :)
Check out this page for how you can get your hands on some delicious, all natural nut butters like the ones you found in this recipe, or this page for more of our nutty recipes! No matter how hard we try, we can't help but keep it nutty!